The Wine Road From Madrid To Barcelona
The most complete route to experience Spanish wine and food and culture
- 9 days/8 nights (2 in Madrid, 1 in Ribera del Duero or Burgos, 2 in Rioja, 1 in Priorat and 2 in Barcelona), lodgings with special charm and flavor.
- Traditional food and modern gastronomy
- Tapas Tour
- Winery visits in Ribera del Duero, Rioja, Priorat and Penedes, combining modern and tradition with VIP tastings.
- Cultural and historical visits in world Heritage cities like Burgos and its Gothic cathedral, Segovia with the Roman aqueduct, Madrid and Barcelona.
- Guggenheim Museum and Wine Culture Museum tickets included.
- Bilingual Spanish/English tour assistant/driver during the tour for 5 days in a comfortable sedan or van. Upgrade to luxury transportation (Mercedes/ Audi/ BMW) possible.
- Concierge service, and trip assistance 24 h.
This is an example. We will always customize the program for you.
Follow the wine road from Madrid, to Ribera del Duero, Rioja, Penedes and Priorat to end in Barcelona, including some historical cities like Burgos and modern architecture in Bilbao. San Sebastian can also be included to discover the north of Spain.
Tour starts in Madrid and ends in Barcelona, but can be done in reverse.
Legend: Legend: L – Lunch, D – Dinner, H – Hotel, B – Breakfast
- Day 1. Madrid. Night in Madrid (H, D)
Arrive to Madrid. Airport pick up. Presentation of the tour and tapas dinner in the historical part of Madrid. This will be an introduction to the city.
- Day 2. Free day in Madrid. Night in Madrid (H, B)
Free day in Madrid. Suggested take the touristic bus with open roof or to visit the Museums, the Prado Museum is one of the best in the world
- Day 3. Ribera del Duero. Night in Burgos (H, B, L, WV)
Drive to Ribera del Duero (about 2h) Visit two wineries in Ribera del Duero. Traditional lunch, roasted lamb in a wood fired oven in a winery. Drive to Burgos visit the cathedral. Dinner on your own.
- Day 4. Rioja and Bilbao. Night in Rioja (H, B, L, WV)
Drive to Bilbao (about 2h) Visit the Guggenheim Museum and lunch. Back to Rioja. Visit 1 wineries in Rioja. Dinner on your own
- Day 5. Rioja. Night in Rioja (H, B, L, WV)
Visit 2 wineries in Rioja, lunch in a winery and visit and the medieval villages. Dinner on your own. Other places of interest in Rioja: Wine Museum Dinastia Vivanco www.dinastiavivanco.com one of the best in the world. The Monasteries Suso and Yuso where Castilian language was born, the pilgrimage town of Santo Domingo de la Calzada
- Day 6. Priorat. Night in Priorat (H, B, L, WV)
Drive to Priorat (about 4h). Visit two wineries in Priorat with lunch. Dinner on your own
- Day 7. Penedes and Priorat. Night in Barcelona. (H, B, L, WV)
Drive to Penedes, two winery visits and lunch. Back to Barcelona and dinner on your own
- Day 8. Barcelona. Night in Barcelona. (H, B, D)
Barcelona. Half a day guided tour of Barcelona. Free day in Barcelona. Farewell dinner
- Day 9. Back home. (B)
Breakfast, airport transfer and end of our services.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES DURING THE TOUR:
MADRID: Guided tour of Madrid and the main museums, Prado, Reina Sofia and/or Tyssen. Tapas and cultural tour of Madrid with your guide. Flamenco Night. Cooking class. Wine tasting.
RIOJA AND RIBERA: horse back riding, hiking, biking, golf, SPA, balloon ride, etc
SAN SEBASTIAN. Cooking class and tapas dinner.