Your can discover the wine region of Rias Baixas home of alvariño white wine from Santiago de Compostela, or from Vigo or La Coruña. In one day you can visit two wineries, have lunch and visit the picturesque towns of Cambados and Combarro.
Duration: The tour is about 8h and a half, depart at 9.30h and back at 18.00 h.
These tours can be done starting with 2 people. And we can customize them for your group. Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences.
More information about Galicia
- The wine region of Rias Baixas is south of Santiago de Compostela in the northwest region of Galicia. It has five subzones, being the main ones Salnes, Rosal and Condado de Tea. The best known grape variety is the white albariño, recognized all over the world. The wineries are very different, large facilities and small, family producers, beautiful pazos or manor houses, and modern buildings. From Santiago de Compostela is just 1h to the subzone of Salnes, you can visit two different wineries, and have a traditional lunch with seafood, octopus and the extraordinary Galician food. After lunch you can visit another winery but we suggest to discover the small typical towns like Cambados and it noble stone buildings and Combarro, a really pretty coastal town with many horreos, the Galician rural construction to preserve the grain from humidity.
Included: Winery visits. Lunch. Transport and English speaking guide.
Lunch can be a traditional or creative food, usually tapas style with dessert and coffee. And Alvariño wine.
If you want more information about this tour, or you want us to customize the tour for you please contact us.
- Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences, we can always try to include the ones you prefer
- Usually you will taste a minimum of two or three wines on each winery; more extensive tastings can be included.
- Although this is a private tour we do not guarantee that the winery visit will be just for your group unless specifically requested. Please let us know if you prefer to have a private tour and tasting.
- Please keep in mind that Sunday is the worse day to visit wineries, Saturday is not great either but better than Sunday. However, we could arrange for a tour those days as well.
- If you have a specific budget let us know, we can consider it.
- These tours can be done starting with 2 people.
- If for any reason any given establishment is not available during the dates requested, we will change the winery, hotel or restaurant for a different one within the same category and level of service.
- GENERAL PROGRAM for Rias Baixas tour:
09.30 h. Pick up from your hotel in Santiago de Compostela or Vigo
10.30 h. First winery visit with wine tasting
12.30 h. Second winery visit with wine tasting
14.00 h. Traditional lunch
16.00 h. Visit the town of Cambados and Combarro
17.00 h. Back to Santiago with expected arrival at 18.00h
EXAMPLES OF WINERIES: Pazo de Señorans, Palacio de Fefiñanes, Terras Gaudas, Santiago Ruiz, Pazo Baion, Mas Bazan, Don Olegario, Mar de Frades, etc.
Approximate driving times:
Santiago de Compostela – Cambados: aprox 1 h
Vigo - Cambados: aprox 1 h