You can do a one day tour in Ribera from your hotel in the area or Madrid, Valladolid, Burgos, etc. Ribera del Duero is one of Spain’s world renown wine regions. It is situated two hours north of Madrid, along the Duero River. You will visit two wineries if you are coming from Madrid or more if you do a local tour.
Duration: Local tour last about 8 h, starting at 9.30 h you can expect to be back around 18.00 h. Tour from Madrid last around 10h. Usually you start at 9.00 am and you can expect to be back between 19.00 to 20.00 h, depending on the traffic. Check each tour below for more details.
These tours can be done starting with 2 people. And we can customize them for your group. Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences.
More information about Ribera del Duero
- Ribera del Duero is one of Spain’s world renown wine regions. It is situated on the country’s northern plateau, two hours north of Madrid, along the Duero River. Wine has been produced in the region for thousands of years, but, viticulture as we know it today, was brought to the region by French Benedictine monks from Cluny, in Burgundy, during the XII century. Ribera del Duero wines today are enjoying great popularity, thanks mostly to the great efforts of experienced growers and wine makers from the area.
You will be picked up in Madrid by your private guide. After a 2 hour drive you will visit two wineries. Each winery visit includes a tour of the facilities with an explanation of how the wine is made there and a tasting. Then you will enjoy a traditional lunch with the most typical dish in Ribera, roasted lamb in a wood fired oven, lamb the perfect companion for the wine of Ribera. Lunch will be a three course meal with wine and coffee. After lunch you can visit a historical place, or go back to Madrid depending on the time. In some special cases we can program the visit of a third winery
LOCAL WINE DAY TOUR IN RIBERA DEL DUERO OR TOUR FROM VALLADOLID OR BURGOS. If you are already in Ribera you can have a local private wine tour for the day. The itinerary is similar but you can visit three wineries. Duration and price are different.
Included: Winery visits. Lunch. Transport and English speaking guide.
Excursion from Madrid includes 2 wineries
Excursion from Ribera, Valladolid or Burgos includes 3 wineries or 2 wineries and a place of historical interest
Lunch can be a traditional or creative food, in a restaurant or a winery. Lunch include starter or appetizers, main dish and dessert and coffee. And wine from Ribera del Duero
If you want more information about this tour, or you want us to customize the tour for you please contact us.
- Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences, we can always try to include the ones you prefer
- Usually you will taste a minimum of two or three wines on each winery; more extensive tastings can be included.
- Although this is a private tour we do not guarantee that the winery visit will be just for your group unless specifically requested. Please let us know if you prefer to have a private tour and tasting.
- Please keep in mind that Sunday is the worse day to visit wineries, Saturday is not great either but better than Sunday. However, we could arrange for a tour those days as well.
- If you have a specific budget let us know, we can consider it.
- These tours can be done starting with 2 people.
- If for any reason any given establishment is not available during the dates requested, we will change the winery, hotel or restaurant for a different one within the same category and level of service.
- GENERAL PROGRAM for Ribera del Duero tour:
09.00 h. Pick up from your hotel in Madrid
11.00 h. First winery visit with wine tasting
13.00 h. Second winery visit with wine tasting
14.30 h. Traditional lunch
16.30 h. Back to Madrid, visit a third winery, an underground cellar or a historical site.
17.30 h. Back to Madrid. Expect to arrive at 19.30 – 20.00h
EXAMPLES OF WINERIES: Ismael Arroyo, Prado Rey, Viña Pedrosa, Briego, Cillar de Silos, Portia, Pesquera, Viña Mambrilla, Durón, Callejo, Matarromera, Arzuaga Navarro, Torremilanos, Legaris, Lagar de Isilla, etc.
HISTORICAL SITES: After lunch you can enjoy some of the history of Castilla, we can visit the small walled town of Peñaranda protected by the medieval castle with the Palace of Zúñiga y Avellaneda from the 16th century, and the old pharmacy owned by the Ximeno family since 1685, which is one of the best kept secrets of the region. A walk in its streets will bring you back in time. Alternatively we may visit the town of Peñafiel, and its magnificent castle from the 11th century, home of a newly opened wine museum. Or you can also visit one of the medieval underground cellars of Aranda de Duero. It will depend on the winery selection and the time you have
Approximate driving times:
Ribera – Madrid: aprox 2 h 15 min
Ribera – Burgos: aprox 1h 15 min
Ribera – Valladolid: aprox 45 min