You can do a local one day tour in La Mancha from Madrid. La Mancha, known before as for its bulk wine, is now one of the emerging wine regions in Spain starting to produce very high quality wines. You can visit two wineries, have traditional lunch and of course, see the windmills made famous by Don Quijote.
Duration: Tour from Madrid last around 10h. Usually you start at 9.00 am and you can expect to be back at 19.00 depending on the traffic. Local tour is shorter.
These tours can be done starting with 2 people. And we can customize them for your group. Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences.
More information about La Mancha
- La Mancha, known before as for its bulk wine, is now one of the emerging wine regions in Spain starting to produce very high quality wines. It is the homeland of Don Quixote, the knight of the sad figure created by Cervantes, one of the most famous Spanish writers. In this tour we will follow his steps through this area. Although La Mancha is a wind swept, battered plateau (manxa means parched earth in Arabic) it remains a symbol of the Spanish culture with its sunflowers, olive yards, windmills, Manchego Cheese, wine making and Don Quixote. Trace back the steps of Don Quixote, and get immersed in a region full of tumultuous battles, where most of Spain’s Reconquista by the Catholic Kings took place.
Included: 2 winery visits. Lunch. Transport and English speaking guide. Lunch can be a traditional or creative food, in a restaurant or a winery. Lunch include starter or appetizers, main dish and dessert and coffee. And wine from La Mancha
If you want more information about this tour, or you want us to customize the tour for you please contact us.
- Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences, we can always try to include the ones you prefer
- Usually you will taste a minimum of two or three wines on each winery; more extensive tastings can be included.
- Although this is a private tour we do not guarantee that the winery visit will be just for your group unless specifically requested. Please let us know if you prefer to have a private tour and tasting.
- Please keep in mind that Sunday is the worse day to visit wineries, Saturday is not great either but better than Sunday. However, we could arrange for a tour those days as well.
- If you have a specific budget let us know, we can consider it.
- These tours can be done starting with 2 people.
- If for any reason any given establishment is not available during the dates requested, we will change the winery, hotel or restaurant for a different one within the same category and level of service.
- GENERAL PROGRAM for the Wine and Don Quixote in La Mancha tour:
La Mancha is about 2 hours from Madrid. You will leave Madrid in the morning around 9.00 am towards La Mancha admiring the scenery of this beautiful rural region along the way. There you will visit two wineries, have lunch and visit the famous windmills fought by don Quixote You will also taste the spectacular and famous manchego cheese always tasty, but really outstanding accompanied by a good manchego white or red wine. Approximate duration about 10 h.
09.00 h. Pick up from your hotel in Madrid
11.00 h. First winery visit with wine tasting
13.00 h. Second winery visit with wine tasting
14.30 h. Traditional lunch
16.30 h. Visit the windmills
17.30 h. Back to Madrid. Expect to arrive at 19.00
SAMPLE WINERIES: Bodegas Castiblanque in Campo de Criptana: www.bodegascastiblanque.com, Martue, Ercavio, Martue, La Tercia, El Vinculo,etc
Approximate driving times:
Madrid - Campo de Criptana: aprox 2h
Madrid - Consuegra: aprox 1h 30 min