From Sevilla you can visit any of the towns of the Sherry traingle: Jerez de la Frontera, Sanlucar de Barrameda o el Puerto de Santa Maria. In these trips you will discover the world of Sherry. From Sevilla you can visit wineries in Jerez de la Frontera and also the Royal School of Equestrian Art in Jerez
Duration: Start at 9.30 h and you can expect to be back at 17.30. Approximate duration about 8 h
These tours can be done starting with 2 people. And we can customize them for your group. Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences.
More information about Andalucia
- We offer DIFFERENT private gourmet wine day excursions from Sevilla to Sherry region Jerez de la Frontera or Sanlucar de Barrameda. In these trips you will discover the world of Sherry. From Sevilla you can visit wineries in Jerez or Sanlucar de Barrameda, a coastal town very close to Jerez. You will leave Sevilla at 09.30h in the morning arriving back early afternoon. Your will have an English speaking guide/driver who is an expert in Spanish wines and the area of Andalucía. You’ll visit two of the legendary Sherry cellars where Sherry style wine is made following the old traditional method. These cellars are located in quite impressive buildings known as cathedrals for wine. Besides Sherry wine they also make brandy and vinegar. In Jerez you will visit a vineyard, a large Jerez winery and a small family run winery with tutored wine tasting in both of them. You will also learn about vinegar and brandy making. After the visits you will have lunch in one of the best restaurants of Jerez with wine. And back to Sevilla after a great wine day. Jerez is just 1h drive from Sevilla.
Alternative you can visit just a winery and the Royal School of Equestrian Art in Jerez and show How the Andalucian Horses Dance, usually Tuesday and Thursday at 12.00h
Included: 2 winery visits. Lunch. Transport and English speaking guide. Lunch will be traditional style in a restaurant or a winery.
If you want more information about this tour, or you want us to customize the tour for you please contact us.
- Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences, we can always try to include the ones you prefer
- Usually you will taste a minimum of two or three wines on each winery; more extensive tastings can be included.
- Although this is a private tour we do not guarantee that the winery visit will be just for your group unless specifically requested. Please let us know if you prefer to have a private tour and tasting.
- Please keep in mind that Sunday is the worse day to visit wineries, Saturday is not great either but better than Sunday. However, we could arrange for a tour those days as well.
- If you have a specific budget let us know, we can consider it.
- These tours can be done starting with 2 people.
- If for any reason any given establishment is not available during the dates requested, we will change the winery, hotel or restaurant for a different one within the same category and level of service.
- GENERAL PROGRAM for the Jerez Tour
09.30 h. Pick up from your hotel in Sevilla
11.00 h. First winery visit with wine tasting
13.00 h. Second winery visit with wine tasting
14.30 h. Traditional lunch
16.30 h. Back to Sevilla
SAMPLE WINERIES: Tio Pepe, Bodegas Tradición, Lustau.
Approximate driving times:
Sevilla – Jerez de la Frontera: aprox 1 h
Sevilla – Sanlucar de Barrameda: aprox 1 h 15 min