We invite you to walk Madrid and enjoy all the possibilities this European city offers you. Come with us and you will discover the modern, the ancient and the monumental Madrid, with its museums, its monuments and of course its history.
There are also shops, parks, and places to enjoy music, theatre or flamenco, bullfighting, and other leisure possibilities, without forgetting the wine and gastronomy culture, Madrid is a foodie paradise!
MADRID TAPAS TOUR. Walk Madrid and become familiar with one of its oldest traditions, tapas. Our local guides will take you to the significant tapas bars the capital has where you can enjoy delicious wine and food. Duration 2 ½ to 3h.
ONE DAY GOURMET WINE TRIPS TO LA RIBERA DEL DUERO, TOLEDO, LA MANCHA OR MADRID WINERIES. In these trips you will experience all the aspects of wine, from the types of grapes and how to grow them, to the secrets of wine tasting. You will visit wineries and discover the art and gastronomy of the area.
COOKING CLASSES. Hands on cooking classes that would take you a bit farther on discovering Spain’s gastronomic secrets. Duration 3h - 4h.
WINE TASTINGS. If you are interested on knowing about Spanish wines, you can enjoy one of our wine tastings, where wine professionals can do a wine tasting class or a commented tasting.
WINE PAIRING MEALS. For food and wine lovers we offer our wine pairing dinners or lunches, in which every dish will be paired with a delicious wine that will water your mouth.
AND MUCH MORE… We also offer Madrid guided visits, personal shopper services, nights of flamenco, harvests, corporate activities and much more…
Some of these activities are offered as a non private option by Gourmet Madrid. Please check www.gourmetmadrid.com or ask us for information if you are interested
If you want more information about this tour, or you want us to customize the tour for you please contact us.
- Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences, we can always try to include the ones you prefer
- Usually you will taste a minimum of two or three wines on each winery; more extensive tastings can be included.
- Although this is a private tour we do not guarantee that the winery visit will be just for your group unless specifically requested. Please let us know if you prefer to have a private tour and tasting.
- Please keep in mind that Sunday is the worse day to visit wineries, Saturday is not great either but better than Sunday. However, we could arrange for a tour those days as well.
- If you have a specific budget let us know, we can consider it.
- These tours can be done starting with 2 people.
- If for any reason any given establishment is not available during the dates requested, we will change the winery, hotel or restaurant for a different one within the same category and level of service.
- Madrid Tapas Tour
- There are two "Madrides": the one you can’t help but see, and the one you need a local person to show you. We’d like to invite you to enjoy the experience of "ir de tapas", as madrileños do. You will discover hidden spots, even in the very heart of Madrid, each of which has something special to offer, be it a typical dish, a specific type of wine or its atmosphere. Get into the swing of things: go to a bar, enjoy your wine and your tapa, and once you’ve finished, move on to the next venue. It´s as simple as that! Our local guides will take you to the best tapas bars the capital has where you can enjoy delicious wine and food. We offer tapas traditional tapas in the center and creative tapas tour in Retiro neighborhood. Tapas can be done for vegetarians or without alcohol
The tour includes:
Visit to three or four bars with tapas and wine or another drink. Enough for dinner or lunch
Guided tour of the area where you will learn about some of Madrid’s most characteristic places.
Duration: Approximately 2h 30 min – 3h. Recommended from 13.00-15.30h or 19.30– 22.00 h.
Price: The price depends on the number of people in the party. This is a private tour
- One Day Gourmet Wine Tours
- All our tours are private and customized for your group. Our tours include two winery visits with wine tasting, traditional lunch with wine and an English speaking guide/driver. You can also visit a historical place or in some particular cases a third winery. The regions close to Madrid are Ribera del Duero and La Mancha, about two hours drive. We also offer a tour to Madrid wineries or Toledo or a short excursion from Madrid with just one winery visit.
In this trip we would like you to experience all the aspects of wine, from the types of grapes used and how to grow them, to the secrets of wine tasting in the Spanish wineries, while enjoying Spanish gastronomy, art, history, culture and other activities.
ONE DAY WINE TOUR TO RIBERA DEL DUERO. The Ribera del Duero is one of Spain’s world renown wine regions. Ribera del Duero wines today are enjoying great popularity, thanks mostly to the great efforts of experienced growers and wine makers from the area. Drive to Ribera is 2 h, duration of the tour is about 10h.
ONE DAY WINE TOUR TO LA MANCHA REGION. It is in this province where the famous Spanish novel Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes, took place. La Mancha remains a symbol of the Spanish culture with its sunflowers, olive yards, windmills, Manchego Cheese, wine making and Don Quixote. Drive to La Mancha is 2 h, duration of the tour is about 10h.
ONE DAY WINE TOUR TO TOLEDO. The visit to Toledo can be combined with a winery visit. You leave Madrid in the morning, visit a winery and then depart to Toledo for lunch and a tour of the city. Drive to Toledo is about 1h h, duration of the tour is about 9h.
ONE DAY WINE TOUR TO MADRID WINERIES. Madrid Denomination of Origin is not as well known as the others, but it is coming up as a region of great wines. The advantage of Madrid wineries is that the distances are closer and you can visit three wineries and have lunch in about 8h, combining traditional places with really modern ones. You can also visit some of the nice traditional towns in Madrid. Duration about 8h, can be shorter with just 2 wineries
SHORT WINE EXCURSION FROM MADRID. If you don’t have enough time you can do a short wine excursion out of Madrid, visiting just one winery in Madrid or Toledo regions, and having a wine tasting with lunch or dinner. Duration is about 6h.
Tours include: Pick up from Madrid, two winery visits with wine tasting, traditional lunch with wine and an English speaking guide/driver. You can also visit a historical place. In the case of Toledo and short excursion just one winery visit. Wineries will be selected when reservation is made according to your preferences and availability.
Duration: Start at 9.00 h and you can expect to be back between 19.00 to 20.00 h, depending on the traffic. About 10 to 11 h. Madrid wineries about 8h. Short excursion is about 6h, but can be shorter.
- Cooking Classes
- At Vintage Spain we give you different options for your cooking classes in Madrid, depending both on your taste and your budget. The classes are approximately 3 hours long, including the preparation of the meal and the sampling (dinner or lunch) paired with wine. The classes also include the recipes. Some classes can be combined with a market visit. All menus can be adapted to vegetarians or vegans upon request. Classes can be organized for dinner or lunch
NOTE: Prices of the cooking classes do not include transport or an escort to the cooking venue. Directions will be provided. We can also provide these services on request
CLASS 1: PRIVATE COOKING CLASS AT A COOKING SCHOOL
Get to know Spanish cuisine from the inside out and take home a unique memento: the secret of Spain’s flagship dishes. In our cooking school located in a local food market, you will learn from our chef how to choose the right products at the market and how to cook them, making the best Spanish omelet and paella, with starter and dessert. A relaxed lunch will follow with the cooked dishes paired with local wines. Classes are fun, relaxed and participative. Small groups only. Local chef. The menu can be changed according with your preferences, for example tapas, rice, etc.
Duration: Around 3h hours long
Includes: Cooking class, lunch or dinner with wine, recipes. Do not include transportation
CLASS 2: PRIVATE COOKING CLASS IN THE HOUSE OF A CHEF AND WINE PAIRING
At her house in Madrid, our world renamed chef will teach you the secrets of cooking. The classes are all hands on and include dinner at the house with wine pairing. You can create the menu for you, but usually it will be Spanish creative cuisine.
NON PRIVATE ACTIVITIES
Our wine and tapas tour, cooking classes and Madrid wineries tour are also offered as a non private option by Gourmet Madrid. Please check www.gourmetmadrid.com or ask us for information.
- Spanish Wine Tastings
- Learn the secrets of wine tasting in the heart of Madrid with our outstanding wine professionals. You can enjoy one of our wine tastings, where wine professionals can do a wine tasting class or a commented tasting. You will taste five different wines. The tastings will be personalized, depending on the needs of the participants. Tapas or appetizers can be added at the end of the tasting. A wine tasting dinner can also follow the tasting
Wine tastings classes can be done in a classroom setting where the student has access to all the materials necessary to understand wine.
Duration: Wine tastings are two hours long
Includes: 5 different wines to taste and all the materials necessary for the wine tasting.
Price: The price depends on the number of people in the party. This is a private activity
WINE PAIRING DINNERS or LUNCHES
Wine pairings have become a very popular way of enjoying a full experience on Spain’s gastronomic culture. Guests enjoy delicious food and wine and you also learn how to pair different types of food with different types of wines. Have a full trip through Spanish flavors and aromas.
PRICE will depend on the type of dinner you want and if you need a guide or a wine expert to accompany you during dinner.
- Madrid Guided Visits
- It was during the XV century that king Charles I, the first Habsburg to govern Spain, son of Joan "The Crazy" and Phillip "The Beautiful," that Madrid became the capital of the Spanish Empire. Full of art and history, Madrid is a city worth exploring. Most of the historic buildings have been preserved and are now open to the public. The Prado museum, considered to have one of the finest art collections from the XII to the early XIX century, is not one the visitor would like to miss. Our local guides would take you explore the city, and show you its secrets and its history.
The tour includes: Guided Tour with an official guide of Madrid. Tickets to monuments not included
Duration: Half a day tour is of approximately 3 ½ hours. Full day tour is approximately 7 ½ hours.
TOLEDO GUIDED TOUR
Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986 for it’s extensive cultural and monumental heritage, Toledo was one of the former capitals of the Spanish Empire, a place where Christians, Jewish and Moorish cultures coexisted. Many famous people and artists, like EL Greco, lived in this city. Toledo has also been mentioned in many famous novels, like El Quixote.
Toledo was also famed by its production of steel and especially for its sword making. The city is still a center for the manufacture of knifes and other steel implements. At Vintage Spain we invite you to explore this enchanting city that would transport you to a different time. Enjoy the gastronomy, the art and the history Toledo has to offer.
Price depends if you want transport from Madrid or you want to take the high speed train. This is our recommendation. Please contact us
A personal shopper assists customers with a level of individualized attention and service beyond what a retail associate would offer. If your interest is creating a new look for yourself, a new wardrobe for the new season or explores the exclusive designer boutiques Madrid has to offer, a personal shopper is your ideal companion.
A personal shopper can help a customer pull together an entire season’s wardrobe based on his or her needs, budget or style, or find just the right gift based on a client’s suggestions.
At vintage Spain we offer our customers this experience. Depending on the needs of the person or group the prices may vary. Prices are personalized and they start at 100 euros and hour per person.
MADRID LUXURY CHAUFFERED EXCURSIONS
If you want to travel out of Madrid for a day, not only Toledo, Segovia, El Escorial, Alcalá, Aranjuez, etc. you can hire our exclusive Mercedes chauffeured tours. Our drivers speak English and will be the perfect companions. We can also provide minivans for up to 7 people