From Madrid you can combine the visit to the monumental town of Toledo with some wine tasting in a winery visit. You leave in the morning, visit a winery and then continue to Toledo for lunch and a tour of the city, or visit Toledo first and then the winery after lunch
Duration: Tour from Madrid last around 8h. Usually you start at 9.30 am and you can expect to be back at 17.30 depending on the traffic.
These tours can be done starting with 2 people. And we can customize them for your group. Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences.
More information about Toledo
- Toledo is the city of the three cultures, Christian, Jewish and Islamic, and it is full of history, tradition and art. It was declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986. Food and wine are main characters in the life of Toledo, which is well known for the quality of its cuisine, and the typical offerings produced in this area: cheese of La Mancha, olive oil, marzipan and saffron. The visit to Toledo can be combined with a winery visit. You leave Madrid in the morning, visit a winery and then depart to Toledo for lunch and a tour of the city, or visit Toledo first and then the winery after lunch. Lunch can also be taken at the winery. In this case of just one winery visit is included
Included: one winery visit. Lunch. Transport and English speaking guide. Not an official guide of Toledo. Lunch can be a traditional or creative food, in a restaurant or a winery. Lunch include starter or appetizers, main dish and dessert and coffee. And wine from Toledo. Entrance tickets to the cathedral and one of the synagogues are included.
If you want more information about this tour, or you want us to customize the tour for you please contact us.
- Wineries will be selected depending on availability and your personal preferences, we can always try to include the ones you prefer
- Usually you will taste a minimum of two or three wines on each winery; more extensive tastings can be included.
- Although this is a private tour we do not guarantee that the winery visit will be just for your group unless specifically requested. Please let us know if you prefer to have a private tour and tasting.
- Please keep in mind that Sunday is the worse day to visit wineries, Saturday is not great either but better than Sunday. However, we could arrange for a tour those days as well.
- If you have a specific budget let us know, we can consider it.
- These tours can be done starting with 2 people.
- If for any reason any given establishment is not available during the dates requested, we will change the winery, hotel or restaurant for a different one within the same category and level of service.
- General program:
9.30h. Hotel pick up and depart Madrid
10.30 h. Panoramic view of Toledo followed by a winery visit
14.30h. Lunch in Toledo.
16.30h. Depart to Madrid with estimated arrival time at 17.30 h
SAMPLE WINERIES: Finca Loranque in Bargas (Toledo) www.fincaloranque.com. You will visit the winery of Finca Loranque and its 100 year-old cellar restored to its original form. It is a very nice place surrounded by vineyards and olives trees. This is a unique opportunity of staying in a “finca toledana”, that is a country house in a large property with a hunting reserve and which retains the typical architectural style of Toledo. Cigarral de Santa Maria in Toledo, an urban winery making very high quality wine.
Approximate driving times:
Madrid - Toledo: 1h